1. Faculty Fulbright Scholar Grants
Are you a faculty member who has been awarded a Fulbright Scholar grant recently? We want to know about it so we can share the news with the UNL community.
Please e-mail our college news writer, Jean Ortiz Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include an explanation of the work/research you'll undertake, departure date, length of trip, and any thoughts about the applications of your research or how you might incorporate it into your work at UNL.
If you have a photo of yourself (head and shoulders shot) that you'd prefer be used, please include that, too.
By David Manderscheid, Dean
3. Retention & Graduation Seed Grant Proposals due May 7
A reminder that the Retention & Graduation Seed Grant Proposals are due in the dean's office on May 7. The proposals and/or questions can be emailed to Debbie Minter at email@example.com.
Due May 7
By Debbie Minter, Associate Dean for Academic Programs
2. Message from the SVCAA regarding VSIP Re-Hire guidelines
“Beginning in August, 2012, former faculty who participated in the VSIP may be employed in positions funded by state funds provided that
1) the job functions that they will be performing are specific, clearly defined in writing and for a short duration,
2) the total of their responsibilities paid on state funds is less than 0.25 FTE, and
3) the compensation they are receiving is comparable to that of other short term employees rather than to the compensation they earned as tenured faculty.
Employment for VSIP participants paid exclusively from non-state funding such as grants and contracts or Foundation funds is not delimited by these guidelines.”
By Alecia Kimbrough, Assistant Dean for Business and Finance