The College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Scholars Society represents a select group of A&S students who have demonstrated excellence in scholarly activities and campus leadership. Dean's Scholars Society members will be expected to participate in 2-3 activities over the course of the academic year which provide opportunities to communicate (via receptions, recruitment days, etc.) the value of UNL's A&S programs to students, parents, and community members.
As a member of the Dean's Scholars Society you are a constituent of a meritorious group of individuals with an opportunity to build lifelong relationships, and a personal and professional network.
- Up to $2,000 for each scholarship depending on student’s financial need. Funds will be provided to a level of support as deemed appropriate based on information provided by the UNL’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. Students who do not have financial need are also encouraged to apply as awardees are entitled to exclusive privileges offered by the scholarship.
- Approximately 10 will be awarded.
- Full-time undergraduate in A&S
- Upperclassmen – junior or senior standing (in semester that scholarship is effective)
- Minimum GPA of 3.75
- 1-page narrative describing reasons for applying for this scholarship, how your accomplishments distinguish you for a Dean’s scholarship and how the experiences of being a member of the Dean’s Scholars Society will add value to others learning experiences. The scholarship rubric will be modified to include evaluation of this narrative
- An Ad Hoc committee comprising of the A&S Dean, Associate and Assistant Deans will evaluate the applications, interview the top candidates and make recommendations to the Dean
- Scholarship awardees will have:
- Their photos, accomplishments, etc. on A&S website
- An annual luncheon for the awardees and their families with the A&S Deans