Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) Committee
Proud to collaborate with the university's Diversity At UNL initiative.
The College of Arts and Sciences Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) Committee works closely with the university to ensure the equal right of every member of our community—students, staff, and faculty—to be included, supported, and heard. As educators, we value multiple perspectives and embrace excellence through diversity of all kinds, including race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic status, religion, age, national origin, physical ability, and neurological difference. Diversity and inclusion are everyone’s responsibility.
The committee welcomes requests from students, staff, and faculty to co-sponsor speakers and events that help fulfill the committee’s mission.
- David Berkowitz, professor of chemistry
- Ken Bloom, professor of physics and astronomy
- Kara Brant, advisor of political science and sociology
- Chad Brassil, associate professor of biological sciences
- Joy Castro, professor of English and ethnic studies
- Thomas Gannon, associate professor of English and ethnic studies
- Debra Hope, professor of psychology
- Margaret Jacobs, committee co-chair and professor of history
- Jeannette Eileen Jones, professor of history and ethnic studies
- Alice Kang, committee co-chair and assistant professor of political science and ethnic studies
- Thomas Marley, professor of mathematics
- Mirhuanda Meeks, staff in English
- Max Mueller, assistant professor of classics and religious studies
- Kenneth Price, professor of English
- Isabel Velazquez, associate professor of modern languages and literatures
- Stacey Waite, assistant professor of English