Engaging CAS faculty, staff, and students to make an impact through volunteerism and support of people in need within our community.
The college again partnered with Husker Pantry and the Lincoln Food Bank for our third Day of Service!
- 14 hours of volunteering at the Lincoln Distribution Center on November 17
- 1,500 portions of ground beef processsed, which went towards serving 1,672 families
- 8 hours volunteered at:
- Lincoln Literacy
- Rotary Club 14 "Little Free Food Pantries"
- Douglas County Courthouse
- LPS Backpack Program
- 100 items collected for Husker Pantry
We again partnered with Husker Pantry and Lincoln Food Bank to serve the community.
- Over 100 items collected for Husker Pantry
- 30 hours of volunteering at Lincoln Food Bank
- 14 hours of volunteering at:
- Southern Heights Food Forest
- Nebraska Community Blood Bank
- East Campus Husker Pantry
- Teammates at Scott Middle School, Lincoln Public Schools (LPS)
- Prescott Elementary, LPS
- Bridges to Hope
- America Red Cross, Blood Donation
- About 2,000 lbs. of food processed at Lincoln Food Bank
Due to COVID, our inaugural "day" in 2020 was a nearly month-long, targeted effort to combat food insecurity—and it was a success!
- 259 items collected for Husker Pantry
- 32.5 hours of volunteering time at Food Bank of Lincoln
- $5,083 in monetary donations
Here's the Daily Nebraskan coverage.