The purpose of the CAS Inclusive Excellence and Diversity Award is to honor people, organizations, or units within the CAS involved in innovative or exemplary activities that have an impact in the college, broader campus, or in the community that emphasize, prioritize, and expand inclusive excellence and diversity.
Faculty/Staff Award: Any full-time faculty or part- or full-time staff in the college.
Student Award: Any graduate or undergraduate student in the college.
Group Award: Any academic unit in the college, administrative unit (e.g. advising), or student group. If the unit or group extends beyond the college, then the primary leadership must come from members of the college.
Each award recipient will receive $750, and up to three awards will be awarded each year.
In keeping with the mission and goals of the College of Arts and Sciences, CAS Inclusive Excellence and Diversity Award recipients will have demonstrated a significant and/or sustained record in promoting inclusion, diversity, equity, and access that furthers the CAS mission, impacts the community, and/or has a positive impact on CAS personnel or programs or the campus more broadly. For example, these activities can involve:
- The development of educational programs that promotes inclusive excellence and diversity.
- The facilitation of university-community partnerships around inclusive excellence and diversity.
- Leadership in diverse student recruitment, retention, or academic completion.
- Leadership in student services that promote inclusive excellence and diversity.
- Leadership in inclusive excellence and diversity scholarship.
- Leadership in inclusive excellence and diversity teaching, activities, or program development.
- Leadership in student-organized activities for inclusive excellence and diversity.
- Sustained contribution and demonstrated impact in inclusive excellence and diversity.
Materials will be reviewed by the CAS IDEA Committee and recommendations will be forwarded to the dean for a final decision.