The CAS Mentoring Award honors faculty or staff involved in exemplary mentoring activities. Many of our faculty and staff are dedicated and effective mentors, and this award recognizes mentoring excellence that goes above and beyond normally expected contributions.
Any full-time faculty or staff member in the college.
Two $1000 awards will be given each year, one to a faculty member and the other to a staff member.
In keeping with the mission and goals of the College of Arts and Sciences, CAS Mentoring Award recipients will have demonstrated a sustained record in mentoring colleagues, graduate students, undergraduate students or staff, either in the home unit or in another department. These activities might include:
- Active and consistent mentoring of faculty, students, and/or staff
- Notable effectiveness in mentoring others through challenging circumstances
- A record of mentoring significant numbers of people
- Making contributions to the development of a professional culture that supports and encourages mentoring
- Making professional contributions to the understanding of best practices in mentoring