Nominations are closed. Please check back August 1.
Distinguished alumni award
The College of Arts and Sciences annually recognizes the remarkable accomplishments and service of our alumni who have demonstrated lifetime career achievement or excellence in their field and community.
Requirements for nomination
- Hold a Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree from the college.
- A record of public service (local, state, national, or international) and/or notable achievements in one's field.
Preferred qualifications for nomination
- Exhibit their support of the college or unit within through their commitment of time, talent, or treasure.
- Preferably has some connection to the university through research, alumni activities, foundation, or other program.
- Would not foster controversies that would divide the University of Nebraska-Lincoln or be supported by the Board of Regents.
- Has not received award from the college or its units in past five years.
- Attend the awards ceremony to receive an award. If a recipient is unable to attend during the year in which they were selected, they may defer to the following year.
- Get involved through Husker Connect, where students, alumni, and partners actively connect with fellow Huskers. Other interactions may include visiting with students in the academic area where the CAS degree was received.
- Minimum of one award will be given in each of the college's four areas: humanities, social sciences, sciences, and interdisciplinary.
- Up to eight awards will be given annually at a spring event hosted by the college.
- The awards committee will review nominations and make final recommendations to the dean of the college who will make the final selections.
- Only nominees chosen to receive an award will be notified of their selection/nomination.
Nominations are closed.
Please check back August 1.
Nominations open August 1 and close March 1.
- Complete the award nomination form.
- Submit a letter of nomination describing the nominee’s accomplishments and why you believe he/she is deserving of the award.