September 28, 2017
- Reviewed the outcomes of building unity in the college.
- CAS unity: Reviewed the discussion outcomes from the last meeting. The discussion centered around branding to aid and become a collective college.
August 24, 2017
- Dean Francisco summarized the accomplishments from the last academic year. The committee then talked about building unity in the college.
- Review Implementation of Recommendations from Previous Executive Committee
- College Identity
- Communication Plan
- Deans Advisory Committee
- Teaching Academy
- Thinking big
- College's partnership portfolio
- The committee discussed what the college's partnership portfolio should look like.
- Questions for survey
- Finalize questions for invited speakers.
- debrief on Shawn Eichorst's visit
- Update from Matt Jockers on Partnership survey
- Preparation for Jim Linder's visit on November 10, 2016
- Guest speaker: James Linder, UNMC
- Guest speaker: Randy Hawthorne, Executive Director/Publisher Nonprofit Hub
- Committee members suggested faculty to serve on the Promotion and Tenure Committee beginning with the 2017-2018 academic year.
- The committee debriefed on the partnership survey.
- The committee debriefed on the discussions the committee had with guest speakers that visited during the fall semester.
- Committee focused their discussion on fostering partnerships in CAS.
- Fostering partnerships in CAS
- Associate Dean Kathleen Lodl from Nebraska Extension spoke to the committee
April 13, 2017
- Assessing and incentivizing partnerships
- Continued to discuss the purposes of the CAS teaching academy.
- Continued to discuss purposes of the CAS teaching academy and identified broad categories of emphasis and expectations of service.
- The committee discussed the purposes of the CAS teaching academy and identified broad categories of emphasis and expectations of service.
- The members were updated on the communication plan.
- They also discussed the concept of a CAS teaching academy.
- The committee discussed possible candidates to run for the 2016-2017 A and S Promotion and Tenure Committee.
- They also reviewed the CAS identity and communication plan.
- The committee continued the discussion on messaging the College’s identity.
- Continuing discussion on messaging college identity.
- Moving ahead with work on messaging college identity.
- Continued the discussion on communication plans (this week’s focus: messaging college identity).
- Continued the discussion on how the College can approach communication better and ways to enhance what is being done.
- Committee members provided suggestions on how the College can approach communication better and ways to enhance what is being done.
- The committee talked about the direction of the College.
- Continued the committee members’ responses to two questions asked by Dean Francisco.
- Dean Joseph Francisco talked about the accomplishments of the committee, during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Dean Francisco discussed the goals of what the committee can accomplish this academic year.
- Each committee member responded to two questions put forth to them by Dean Francisco.
· Reviewed the discussion outcomes from the last meeting.
The discussion centered around branding to aid and become a collective college.