We provide specialized business services in financial and human resource management.
Our Mission: Setting the Standard for Exceptional Business Practices
We provide complete business support to:
- Department of English
- Department of History
- Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
- Department of Political Science
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs
- Humanities in Medicine
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- School of Global Integrative Studies: Anthropology, Geography, and Global Studies
We provide grant/research/affiliate fund support to:
- Antarctic Geologic Drilling (ANDRILL)
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
- Rural Drug Addiction Research (RDAR) Center
Meet the OBC Team
Business Manager II
(402) 472-7999, Box #5
1213D Oldfather Hall, CC 0310
- Provides overall guidance to OBC staff in fiscal management, human resources and grants/contract administration.
- Provides guidance to unit administrators, faculty and staff in fiscal management/budgeting.
- Liaison to CAS Dean’s Office, Executive Vice Chancellor’s Office, Office of Research & Economic Development, Business & Finance Shared Services, and all other UNL functional offices in the management of fiscal & human resources issues.
HR Specialist Lead
(402) 472-7999, Box #2
1213E Oldfather Hall, CC 0310
- Provides services for hiring: staff, faculty and students
- Manages HR issues related to staff, faculty and students
- Provides services in creating job descriptions and requisitions
- Assists with visa residency applications
- Manages bi-weekly and monthly payroll
Business Manager I
(402) 472-7999, Box #4
1213B Oldfather Hall, CC 0310
- Pre-Award grant development including proposal budget and justifications, NUGrant assistance, grant portal upload and completion.
- Responsible for Personnel Activity Reports.
- Provides fiscal coordination and management for grant cost objects
- Annual review and submission of service center rates
- Financial reviewer and approver for certain projects
- Post award budget planning and tracking
- Provides support to departments for all foundation accounts from reconciling, budgeting, transfers, etc.
- SAP index reporting
(402) 472-7999, Box #1
1213A Oldfather Hall, CC 0310
- Reconcile and monitor state/revolving costcenter/costobjects
- Provides all facets of purchasing support via eShop or PCard
- Assist with travel arrangements, CONCUR financial reviewer and approver
- Book travel and accommodations for visiting scholars and process stipend payments
- Manages Telecom activity, including activation/deactivating data ports and telephone lines
- Key manager back-up
- Oversees project management and renovations
- CONCUR training coordinator
1213C Oldfather Hall
1213F Oldfather Hall
(402) 472-7999, Box #3
1213 Oldfather Hall