Details and Drafts
This section of the page is dedicated to chronicling the development of the College of Arts and Sciences strategic plan, which started in 2019. Below are the drafts, participants, and activities surrounding each draft.
Spring and Summer 2022
The Dean’s Office collected information from all responsible parties to recap year 1 and update the plan for years 2-3 and 4-5.
April 19, 2021
Strategic plan finalized and published for the year.
March 9, 2021
This version takes into account the final call for suggestions from units and leaders in the college.
December 3, 2020
Shared with chairs and directors, who will then share with departments as a group and provide feedback to Dean’s Office.
November 3, 2020
This version has been shared with:
- Dean’s Cabinet
- Dean’s Office staff
- All college faculty and staff via CAS Matters with online feedback form
- CAS students
- Other groups and committees within the college:
- Executive Committee
- Research Advisory Committee (CASRAC)
- Curriculum and Advising Committee
- Endowed and College Professorships Committee
- Committee on Academic Freedom and Freedom of Speech
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) Advisory Committee
- Promotion and Tenure Committee
- Undergraduate Education Working Group
- CAS Staff Council
- Dean's Alumni Advisory Council
Includes the feedback from:
- Open forum student meeting with deans.
- Two open forum meetings open to all college faculty and staff.
- Two interdisciplinary program open forum meetings.
- Online feedback form available to all faculty and staff—communicated via CAS Matters and direct email to everyone.
September 7, 2020
Includes feedback from dean, Dean's Cabinet, chairs, directors, and members of the Dean's Office. First official draft shared with the entire college.
August 31, 2020
Shared with chairs and directors and incorporated their first round of comments.
July 30, 2020
Includes edits from the dean, Dean’s Cabinet and was shared with chairs and directors prior to the fall 2020 retreat, which was primarily focused on strategic plan feedback and discussion.
July 16, 2020
Created from N2025 feedback meetings in the fall of 2019, the fall faculty meeting in December 2019, and the CAS all-college staff meeting in January 2020. This version was sent to Dean’s Cabinet.