Preparing for Advising and Registration
I have signed up for an NSE date. What happens now?
- Look for an email from the college on May 13th, or within a few days of signing up.
- A few days later, your academic advisor will reach out by email to arrange a specific day and time to meet for advising and registration—ideally the week prior to your assigned NSE date. Advising meetings will be by Zoom, or can be by another online meeting platform or phone.
What to expect from your advising meeting
For about 45 minutes, your advisor will get to know you and discuss:
- your academic and career interests and goals
- your placement exam results
- any credit you may be bringing from dual enrollment, AP, IB, or other sources
- major, minor, and degree requirements
- a set of required and recommended courses for fall that take all of this into account
- any remaining questions you have and how to get answers
After your meeting, your advisor will submit your schedule requests for you on your scheduled NSE date.
After your NSE date
Have questions and want to talk with an advisor?
Check your huskers.unl.edu email regularly
You will have access to your official huskers.unl.edu email after your NSE date. All university communication will use this email address, so set it up right away and check it regularly.
Watch Video 3 and Video 4
"Academics + Experience = Opportunities"
"You Don’t Have to Know Where You’ll End Up to Get Started"
Later This Summer
More details to come via email
Complete CASC 050
College Welcome Event