Career coaching available over the summer
It’s never too early to think about your job search or what comes next for your future career goals. Connect with a Career Coach over the summer to discuss exploring careers/majors, developing your resume, using Handshake and LinkedIn, gaining experience, post-graduation planning, and more! Schedule online using MyPLAN, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the conversation started.
Drive-thru Career Fair at Gateway Mall
Tuesday, May 5th, 10am-2pm, Gateway Mall, Lincoln, NE
- At the job fair, you will get a bag from the National Guard, containing flyers from a variety of employers in Lincoln.
- Businesses involved include: A. Stucki, Aerotek, Agility Fuel Systems, ASI/Kawasaki, Bryan Health, CHI St. Elizabeth, City of Lincoln, Fowler Custom Homes, Hausmann Construction, K2 Construction, Kingery Construction, LaborMaxx, LES, LinPepCo, LSI, Manpower, Nature’s Variety, NEBCO, Nelnet, NTT Tech, ServiceMaster, SmartChicken and Tabitha.
- These employers are looking for full and part-time workers for all shifts.
No Fear Job Search webinar series from Jobscan
Check out webinars hosted by JobScan in May where they’ve partnered with career coaches to bring job seekers free webinars on topics such as:
- What to do if you get laid off
- How to create a resume that stands out in a recession
- How to quickly craft a cover letter that makes a difference
- How to make your LinkedIn profile a recruiter magnet
- How to nail a virtual job interview
Connect with employers during virtual information sessions and events
Go to this link on Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/events
The Literacy Lab Informational Webinar
Thursday, May 7th, 4-4:30pm CST, https://meet.google.com/nnh-shnk-wai?hs=122
- Do you believe that literacy is a human right?
- Hear from one of our Recruitment Associates, Aja, about our mission to ensure all students - no matter where they are from - can become proficient readers (with your help!) and pursue life long success. We will also go over the basic aspects of our program and what it means to serve as a tutor for an academic year.
- There will also be a Q & A portion of the presentation, so come with questions!
- Questions before the webinar begins? Reach out to us at email@example.com for more information.