Nine cadets in the University of Nebraska–Lincoln Reserve Officer Training Corps with majors in the College of Arts and Sciences were among 26 who received military commissions May 8-12.
Cadets in Army ROTC were commissioned second lieutenants in the U.S. Army on May 8; cadets in Navy ROTC received commissions during a virtual ceremony May 9 as ensigns in the U.S. Navy and second lieutenants in the U.S. Marine Corps; and cadets in Air Force ROTC were commissioned second lieutenants in the U.S. Air Force during a virtual ceremony May 12. The Army ROTC ceremony has been postponed until Aug. 21; small, individual ceremonies will be held for cadets unable to attend.
- 2nd Lt. James John Brown, economics; Army
- Ensign James Christian Contreras, global studies, Russian; Navy
- 2nd Lt. Enrique Joseph Costas, geography; Army
- 2nd Lt. Ramarro Lamar, political science; Marine Corps
- 2nd Lt. Ana Gabriela Perez-Senic, sociology, Spanish; Air Force
- 2nd Lt. Kamryn Lynnae Sannicks, political science, sociology, ethnic studies; Army
- Ensign Chandler Brady Walsh, global studies; Navy
- 2nd Lt. David Del Weed, geography, political science; Air Force
- 2nd Lt. Lane Michael Weidner, math; Air Force