Two units, two students, and four faculty in the college were recognized at the Women's History Month Celebration on March 24.
The School of Biological Sciences and the Deparment of Mathematics earned the 2022 Chancellor's "Outstanding Contribution to the Status of Women Award" from the Chancellor's Commission on the Status of Women. The annual award recognizes efforts that create a climate encouraging women to succeed at the university. The purpose of the commission is to enhance the status of women at the university by advising the chancellor on issues pertaining to gender equity and on specific concerns of women faculty, staff, and students.
The Women's Center presented the Women of Courage, Character, and Commitment award, which recognizes women from our campus and Lincoln communities who have made positive impacts though professional, personal, mentoring, or peer relationships, to six members of the CAS community:
- Allison Bonander, instructor in communication studies
- Amanda Gailey, instructor in English
- Kim Hansen, instructor in biological sciences
- Meyri Ibrahim, political science major
- Liv O'Clair, psychology major
- Regina Werum, instructor in sociology